...you may not know about ME! I've seen quite a few of these fun posts floating about and really enjoy reading them, so I thought I'd be brave and compile my own list - just for your amusement ;)
1. I am (a lanky) 5ft 10, I have blue eyes and blonde hair.
2. I have a tremendous sweet tooth (and very little willpower). In a restaurant, I always check out the dessert menu first before the proper food and I can be bribed into doing anything pretty easily with a maple pecan danish.
3. I can't sing. I'm not tone deaf though, as I can actually hear that I can't sing.
4. When I was little, I loved all things mermaid and always pretended to be one. I loved the film Splash with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks. I remember to this day, my big sister tucking me into bed and shaping my duvet into a mermaid's tail, ha ha! :D
5. I don't like tea or coffee. I'll occasionally enjoy a fruit tea but I mostly drink water (and indulge in hot chocolate during the winter).
6. I'm one of four children and I love being part of a big family!
7. Having said that, I am always happy in my own company and don't get lonely or bored. I love the peace and quiet and being alone with my thoughts. When I begin talking to myself, I know it's probably time to go outside...
8. I envy those totally photogenic people - you know the ones - they can stare quite vacantly in the direction of a camera with no expression whatsoever and you end up with a beautifully pensive / romantic / dreamy shot of them. Unfortunately, unless I have a cheesy grin on my face, I look like I've got murder on my mind.
9. Which brings me to my next point. I have quite a stern looking face when I'm not smiling. I saw this and can TOTALLY relate! (click to enlarge)
10. My birthday is in May which makes me a Taurus, and yes, I have been known to be pretty stubborn but I think I've mellowed out as I've got older.
11. I am so utterly and completely terrible at maths! I don't mean algebra and the like, but you know, the embarrassingly simple stuff like adding and subtracting, and don't get me started on times tables! I really have no excuse - my brain just decided, many years ago without consultation that it simply wouldn't entertain such things. I often think that in a parallel universe I must be a maths GENIUS! ...there's just no other explanation.
12. I am the only one in my *entire* family who cannot roll their tongue, no matter how hard I try - even my nephew could do it at 2 years old, that's just weird, right?
13. I'm not sure if this is something I should admit to... but I currently have a HUMONGOUS crush on the gorgeous Gabriel Byrne and I tell you what, if he was indeed the devil (ref End of Days), I fear I'd have an extremely difficult time not turning to the dark side...! Please tell me I'm not the only one?? Look see -
I'll just leave you to think upon that for a moment...
In fact I'm in two minds about leaving that there as it's a little distracting ;)
14. At school I studied law as I wanted to be a barrister. However, my creative side got the better of me, thank goodness, as I really hate arguing.
15. I love listening to people speaking French. I can't understand a word of it but it's definitely the most loveliest language there is!
16. You know that moment when you thought it was Wednesday but it actually turns out it's only Tuesday, so in your head you've gained a day - whoop! Well, I spent the last couple of months thinking I was gonna be 34 this year. I was kinda despairing at the thought of where all the time had gone. That is until my Beloved kindly informed me that I am only, in fact 31 - humongous whoop!! Told you I'm bad at maths.
17. It took me three attempts to pass my practical driving test. I took the first two while at college and wasn't even going to bother again, but got fed up while travelling to university with the - only one bus an hour - not actually coming every hour. My first car was a white Vauxhall Cavalier.
18. I've never particularly enjoyed driving and I haven't owned a car in a few years. It suits me fine but if I ever strike it rich I'm definitely having my own chauffeur. Ooh and a chef.
19. I love to bake. I also love eating what I bake, which is why I tend not to bake very often.
20. I talk in my sleep. Most of the time it's just random sweet, adorable stuff which makes my Beloved fall in love with me all over again. But I have on the odd occasion completely scared the sh*t out of him.
21. It drives me nuts when people use the wrong to/too, your/you're etc.
22. I am a serial killer of house plants, but not out of neglect - I end up watering them too much in a bid to keep them alive, only to have the opposite outcome I managed to keep one plant going for 2 years (a record which I was extremely pleased with!) thinking by this point there's no way it could go wrong, it did.
23. I SOOO wanna be best friends with Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect - Rebel Wilson is AWESOME!! If I ever need cheering up, Pitch Perfect is my go to movie!
24. I'm a little clumsy. I'm the only person I know that can fall off a bicycle while it's still stationary and accidentally poke myself in the eye more than is generally deemed acceptable for a mentally stable person. Honestly, I think my dad once thought about getting me tested...
25. I'm terrible at meeting new people and can get really shy. It takes me a while to feel comfortable enough to unleash my loopy on people.
26. One day I'd love to have an idyllic farmhouse or cottage somewhere a little off the beaten track. With chickens.
27. Sunflowers make me smile BIG as do ladybirds and waddling ducks (...and Gabriel Byrne, ha ha!)
28. I can happily watch The Sound of Music whenever it's on the telly. I'll never get bored of it.
29. I find the time of night, between around 3 - 4am really eerie and far too quiet. I tend not to look out of the window during this time, I'm not sure why, probably for fear of seeing something unnatural going on.
30. I am most happy on the sofa, snuggled under a blanket with my Beloved watching a good film.
31. If you ask me to spell a word, I scribble it in the air with my finger as I spell it out. Can't help it, it's subconscious.
32. I HATE public speaking - this is probably my worst nightmare.
33. My favourite musical is Les Miserables.
34. I love elephants. Ever since I watched a wonderful documentary and saw how such a strong and hefty animal can be so tender, emotional and nurturing, I just fell in love. I once stroked an elephant at a safari park which was amazing.
35. You know when you're on the phone and you have to spell something using the phonetic alphabet. Well, suddenly, it's as if my entire list of vocabulary has dropped out of my brain, leaving only the rudest and most inappropriate words to choose from. Alpha Whiskey Kilo Whiskey Alpha Romeo Delta.
36. As well as my natural blonde, I have dyed my hair dark brown, black and purple (once).
37. I recently conquered going up the ladder to get into the attic on my own AND getting back down again. I think this feat should be acknowledged.
38. I played the viola when I was young and got to grade 2 or 3 before getting bored. I don't regret giving it up but it does make me sad knowing how upset my dad was :(
39. I don't trust people who say they're "not a dessert person". WTFrig??
40. I don't swim very well and I cannot tread water. I just find it impossible. I know you don't believe me, everyone can do it, right? No, not me and if you force me to show you, I will in all likelihood, drown.
41. I can't dance. The end.
42. My favourite cartoon as a child was Pingu.
43. I can't stand 'reality' shows like TOWIE fuelling the culture of being famous for doing absolutely nothing.
44. I'm a chronic list writer. I write lists for everything in a bid to be more organised.
45. I love fancy dress parties.
46. I'm still trying to convince my Beloved that if he ever bought me flowers for no reason whatsoever, I would simply love it and wouldn't be at all suspicious. It's just nice to be given flowers.
47. I'm not sure it's normal to get as excited about stationery as I do... The most common thing you'll hear my Beloved say, while patiently watching me browse the shelves in WHS is, "...but don't you already have three notebooks/ring binders/pen sets/novelty cellotape holders* like that?"
*delete as appropriate.
Paperchase is my Mothership!
48. My favourite food is homemade lasagna.
49. I have a beautiful blackbird that often visits my garden, which I call Mr. Pimpkin. I plan to gradually earn his trust so that eventually he and his friends will come and do my housework for me while I whistle a happy tune. This may take some years...
50. Nothing, absolutely nothing is more important to me than my family.
If you managed to read all 50 without nodding off - WOW and thanks for hanging in there! Can you relate to any / do we have something in common? Leave a comment as I'd love to hear, or why not do your own "50 things" post about yourself, it's a lot of fun once you get going.
Now, if you need me, I'll just be busy looking at Mr Byrne for a bit...
Bye for now,